|Details:||1 Year of Unlimited Service FREE + Taxes When Switching from Another US Carrier|
To get Sprint Unlimited service free for a year, you must switch your service from another major US carrier, and
If you take this deal, you get:
- You are not currently under contract with your existing carrier, and
- Your phone(s) are fully paid off (not on lease) or you plan to buy a new phone today, and
- Your credit is good, and
- You get the deal directly from Sprint as described below (not in-store), and
- You plan to keep the same phone (new or existing phone) for the next 4 months.
Sprint will cancel the remainder of your free months if you switch phones in the first 4 months.
To get the deal:
- Unlimited data, talk, and text
FREE for 1 year.
- Keep your current phone(s) and phone number(s).
- No contracts.
- Data usage over 23GB/month may be slowed.
- Hulu is not included free while on the free plan.
For the next year, your actual monthly bill will be free plus government taxes, which can come to about $3 or $5 per month per line.
Our plan of 2-lines costs us about $6 per month after taxes.
This is a huge savings over Verizon's price of $130/mo (plus taxes) for 2 lines.
- Call your existing mobile carrier's customer service.
Phone numbers from a few:
Get the following information from them:
- Verizon Wireless customer service: 800-922-0204
- AT&T Wireless customer service: 800-331-0500
- T-Mobile customer service: 877-746-0909
- Write down your old account number, and
- Write down your PIN, and
- Have them confirm your old phone(s) are "unlocked", and
- Ask whether your account has any active contracts that would prohibit you from cancelling today.
Do not cancel, though (Sprint will take care of that later).
- Hang up from your existing carrier, and call Sprint at 866-782-8777:
Note that Sprint requires all phones on the free plan remain active for the first 4 months.
- Say you want the Free Unlimited for a Year promotion.
- Ask them to create a new Sprint account for you, and run any necessary credit checks.
- Choose either:
- Buy a new phone before activating the free plan:
Before activating this deal, buy a new phone from anywhere that allows a full-price buy without activation.
So, not a Sprint store.
Not a Costco.
Valid buys include an iPhone bought from an Apple store, a Windows phone bought from a Microsoft Store, a full-price buy from a generic/local phone retailer, or bought directly from Sprint customer service.
Note that an iPhone bought from an Apple Store must be activated with a SIM card during purchase, so use your old phone's SIM card (do not use a Sprint SIM card yet).
- Use your existing phone:
Must work for the next 4 months.
- Get a Sprint SIM card for your phone(s).
This can be done by doing one of these:
- When talking to the Sprint sales rep by calling 866-782-8777, they can mail cards to you for $10 to $15, or
- Go to an Apple store:
Many Apple stores give out Sprint SIM cards for free just by asking, or
- Go to a Sprint store:
Ask for Sprint SIM cards from your local Sprint store.
They may charge for them.
Be sure they do not activate the SIM card.
- Transfer your existing phone number(s) and phone(s) to Sprint by calling 866-782-8777.
This will activate the plan.
Remember, each phone number must be transferred from another major wireless provider in the US (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, etc).
You cannot activate brand new phone numbers with this deal.
- Mark your calendar for May, 2019.
That is when Sprint will switch your plan to full price ($60/mo for the first line, $40/mo for the second, and $30/mo each additional line).
Re-negotiate or change plans then by calling Sprint at that time.
After being on this plan for 4 months, you can purchase or lease a new phone and remain on the 1-year free plan.
Our advice when on the free 1-year Sprint service:
This deal is easy to get, as long as you understand how to get it.
- Within the first 4 months, do not cancel any phones on your account.
If you switch phones or cancel service within 4 months, you will lose the remainder of your 1-year free service.
- Do not apply any upgrades to your account, as it may ruin your free status for the year.
- Do not buy phones from a Sprint store which could mess up your free plan.