|Details:||Switch to Sprint, Get 1 Year of Unlimited Service FREE + Taxes|
Sprint is offering one-year of unlimited talk, text, and data for free for you and your household if everyone switches from a major US carrier.
To get the deal, you must currently have active service from a major US carrier (AT&T, T-Mobile, Boost, Verizon, etc.), and the following:
If you take this deal, you get:
- You are not currently under contract with your existing carrier, and
- Your phone(s) are fully paid off (not on lease) OR you plan to buy a new phone today, and
- Your credit is in good standing, and
- You get the deal directly from Sprint as described below (not in-store), and
- You plan to keep the same phone (new or existing phone) for at least the next 4 months.
(Sprint will cancel the remainder of your free months if you change any phones within the first 4 months.)
The sign-up process is quite easy, and can take just an hour if you already have existing phones and are ready to go today.
To make sure it works for you, we outlined every step in great detail here:
- Unlimited data, talk, and text
FREE for 1 year.
- Keep your current phone(s) and phone number(s).
- No contracts.
- Data usage in excess of 23GB in a month will be slowed.
There are no overage fees.
- Mobile hotspot of 10GB/month is included.
For the next year, your actual monthly bill will be free plus government taxes, which can come to about $3 or $5 per month per line.
Our plan of 2-lines costs us about $7/month after taxes.
- Call your existing mobile carrier's customer service.
Phone numbers from some:
Get the following information from them:
- Verizon Wireless customer service: 800-922-0204
- AT&T Wireless customer service: 800-331-0500
- T-Mobile customer service: 877-746-0909
- Write down your old account number, and
- Write down your PIN, and
- Have them confirm your old phone(s) are "unlocked", and
- Ask whether your account has any active contracts that would prohibit you from cancelling today.
Do not cancel yet (Sprint must do that for you).
- Choose either:
- Use your existing phone(s):
Keep in mind, your phones cannot be replaced within the first 4 months of activating this deal.
- Buy a new phone today before activating the free plan:
Before activating this deal, buy a new phone from anywhere that allows a full-price buy without activation.
Do not buy from a Sprint store, Costco, or kiosk at a mall (they require activation with purchase).
Valid places to buy a phone and get this deal:
When buying a new phone from a store,
- An iPhone bought from an Apple Store or direct from Apple.com.
- A Windows phone bought from a Microsoft Store.
- A Google phone bought directly from Google.
- A full-price phone from a generic/local phone retailer or a reputable seller on Ebay.
- Buy a new phone from the Sprint Customer Service rep you speak with while activating this deal.
- Before they power on the phone, ask them to not install any SIM cards.
iPhones do require a SIM card when initially powered-on, and use your old phone's SIM card to accomplish this.
That way, the phone stays completely new without any other phone numbers assigned to it.
- Ask the store salesperson to give you a Sprint SIM card to take home with you.
Apple and Microsoft Stores sometimes give them out for free.
- Get a Sprint SIM card for your phone(s).
This can be done by doing one of these:
- Call the Sprint sales rep at 866-782-8777, they can mail cards to you for around $10 or $15, or
- Go to an Apple store:
Many Apple stores give out Sprint SIM cards for free just by asking, or
- Go to a Sprint store:
They may charge for them.
- Transfer your existing phone number(s) and phone(s) to Sprint by calling 866-782-8777.
- They will ask for the account number and PIN from your existing wireless service provider.
- They will also ask for the unique IDs of each phone.
These can be new phone(s), or phone(s) used on your existing account.
- The rep will offer upgrades like a "free tablet" (not actually free) and phone insurance.
We recommend declining all upgrades.
- Mark your calendar for January, 2020.
That is when Sprint will switch your plan to full price ($60/mo for the first line, $40/mo for the second, and $30/mo each additional line).
They will send an email reminder one month before your plan changes.
After being on this plan for 4 months, you can purchase or lease a new phone and remain on the 1-year free plan.
Our advice when on the free 1-year Sprint service:
- Within the first 4 months, do not cancel any phones on your account.
If you switch phones or cancel service within 4 months, you will lose the remainder of your 1-year free service for all phones on the plan.
- Do not apply any upgrades to your account, as it may ruin your free status for the year.
If you have questions about changes to your account (including replacing phones), call Sprint.
- Do not buy phones from a Sprint store which could mess up your free plan.